These biscuits are a variation from a very popular recipe in my cookbook, Keto For Foodies and they are so tender and delicious. I love topping them with sausage gravy, filling them with eggs and bacon for delicious breakfast sandwiches, and dunking them into soup.
1¼ cups blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
3 tablespoons cold unsalted
1 large egg
½ cup shredded swiss cheese
¼ cup full-fat sour cream
1 medium shallot, peeled and small diced
• Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, onion powder, and white pepper. Add the cold diced butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to work it into the dry mixture until the mixture resembles wet sand.
• In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg, then stir in the swiss, sour cream, and diced shallots. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
• Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop some of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and round it into a biscuit shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture, spacing the biscuits 3 inches apart.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve warm.